Guest Speaker Seminars
These industry events are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.
Skin Series: Pigmentation
Rarely will you find a person above the age of 42 that doesn’t have some type of hyperpigmentation on their face, neck or their hands. Studies have indicated that pigmentation spots can add up to 15 years on the perceived age of an individual. This perception stirs up a general desire for uniformity of skin tone. Regardless of the nature of the problem, disorders of the pigmentary system can range from hypopigmentation to hyperpigmentation. It should come as no surprise that the topic of treating pigmentation is a hot subject around the world.
Our goal in this condensed, science-packed lecture is to uncover the mysteries behind the different skin changes with pigmentation. You will receive in-depth information on treatment options and learn which questions to ask in order to identify the type of pigmentation you are treating.
- Minneapolis | Monday February 16, 2015 | 11 am – 1 pm | Laurel Windle
Makeup Tips with Terri Tomlinson
Join us for this exciting Guest Speaker Event on perfecting the skin with makeup. Terri Tomlinson will share why the skin, shape and texture of the face are so alluring and important for makeup artists. She’ll also discuss creating the ideal canvas, color theory, correction and concealing techniques to help benefit your practice.
- Dallas | Monday February 23, 2015 | 6 pm – 8 pm | Terri Tomlinson
She's Gotta Have It - Survival Strategies in a New Retail Landscape
Do you know that women make 85% of all buying decisions, spending $5 trillion annually? Yes! That's a mighty powerful combination, but are you maximizing this opportunity? Or are you struggling to secure your sales? One thing is for sure the landscape has changed, competition is fierce and with mobile technology at their fingertips your clients can buy anytime, anyplace and anywhere. We therefore must evolve to become dynamic, opportunistic retailers!
Join us for this fascinating presentation and discover:
- The new omnichannel landscape and what it means for you
- The #7 most important retail trends happening NOW!
- How to adapt your business to achieve GREATER success
- How women shop: Their behavior, their wants and their desires
- Atlanta| Monday March 2, 2015 | 11 am – 1 pm | Sharon Gerlach
- Boston| Monday March 30, 2015 | 6 pm – 8 pm | Patricia Faley
Taking Care of You
Do you suffer from lower back stress? Pain in your neck? Exhausted by the end of the day? These are all signs that your fascia is dehydrated. As Professional Skin Therapists, we are often so focused on taking care of our clients and their needs that we forget about us. It is important that we reconnect and restore balance to ourselves. Don’t miss this informative and interactive event to learn simple and effective techniques to re-hydrate the tensional network of the human body….your fascia!
- Orlando | March 23, 2015 | 1 pm – 3 pm | Laura West
Hormones and the Skin
Move over mood swings, hormones are also responsible for breakouts, pigmentation, sagging, and dehydrated skin! One hundred percent of women have to deal with the effects of their hormones at some point in their life – whether it’s during puberty, pregnancy, menopause, or even stressful situations. Join us for a discussion with Beth Bialko as she tells us how hormones affect the skin.
- Irvine |Monday March 30, 2015 | 10 am – 12 pm | Beth Bialko
Chances are you have clients who undergo medical cosmetic procedures. But do you know how to care for these clients pre and post treatment? Join us for an exclusive event with Whitney Johnson, Global Education Developer for The International Dermal Institute, as she uncovers:
- An overview of what procedures are currently available
- What happens to the skin when receiving an injection, chemical peel, or laser procedure
- What precautions and post care guidelines should be followed
- The technology and advanced skin treatments a skin therapist can legally perform
- How to form a healthy referral relationship with a doctor and when to refer
- Houston| Monday April 6, 2015| 10 am – 12 pm | Whitney Johnson
Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Denver| Monday April 13, 2015 | 11 am – 1 pm | Beth Bialko
- Washington D.C./Vienna| Monday April 20, 2015 | 11 am – 1 pm | Beth Bialko
- Denver| Tuesday April 21, 2015 | 11 am – 1 pm | Beth Bialko
In the Hot Seat
Join us for our guest speaker event, In the Hot Seat, and learn how to tackle you clients’ most challenging questions head on – calmly and with confidence!! Today’s consumer is bombarded with misinformation about ingredients, products and treatments – help them understand what’s fact, what’s fiction, what works & what’s safe! At this event, we’ll discuss:
- Controversial topics like parabens, stem cells, nanotechnology, organic vs. natural ingredients
- Common myths and claims such as erasing wrinkles and shrinking fat.
- What to do when you are quite literally in the hot seat, like handling a skin reaction in the treatment room or an angry client who has experienced an allergic reaction to a product at home.
- Chicago | Monday April 20, 2015 | 2 pm – 4 pm | Laurel Windle
LED Light Therapy
LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology was developed by NASA to promote wound healing in zero gravity. This technology is now available to the Esthetician in very affordable units. But like every modality, there is a right way and a wrong way.
LED Therapy will make a wonderful addition to your treatment room and services menu.
At this event you will learn:
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- What does it do?
- What does it NOT do?
- How do I tell if I am buying a professional grade unit?
- Fort Lauderdale | Monday April 27, 2015 | 6 pm – 8 pm | Lisa Long