Guest Speaker Seminars
These industry events are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.
Facts, Fiction, Fantasy Part 2 LIVE!
Our industry is full of all sorts of claims. Can you tell the difference between fact, fiction and fantasy? Retinoids, snake venom, meteorite dust, stem cells, sirtuins, Snap-8, chia seeds…even snail slime! Celebrities clamor for bee venom facials and dragon’s blood, but do any of these ingredients actually do anything? Join Dr. Diana Howard, our VP of Research at The International Dermal Institute, as she separates science from science fiction in this newly-updated class. Learn which trends are revolutionary advances in modern science, and which are marketing nonsense – and have the confidence to knowledgably discuss them all with your clients.
- Los Angeles | Monday February 3, 2014 | 10 am - 12 pm | Diana Howard
Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Sacramento | Monday February 17th, 2014 | 10 am - 12 pm | Beth Bialko
The Secrets of Social Media to Grow Your Business with Emily Garman, Social Media Expert
As a professional skin therapist, you are on the front line touching and looking at your clients' skin. How often are you the first to spot a suspicious mole, raised spot or fleshy bump? Get informed to better educate your clients, friends and family about the dangers of UV exposure. In this lecture, you will learn the latest information on UV radiation and its effects on the skin, the dangers of indoor tanning, the addiction factor and what your teenage clients need to know. Take an in-depth look at the various types of skin cancers, from benign to malignant growths, how they form and how to spot telltale signs.
- Dallas | Monday February 24, 2014 | 6 pmm – 8 pm | Emily Garman
Introduction to Oncology Skin Care
At this informative event, you'll learn how to best treat the skin of oncology patients. We'll introduce you to the different medical treatments that your clients maybe receiving and we'll explain how you can best prepare your treatment room. You'll also learn which ingredients to look for and which to avoid.
- San Francisco | Monday February 24, 2014 | 11 am - 1 pm | Sharon Bell
- Orlando | Monday March 24, 2014 | 2 pm - 4 pm | Sharon Bell
- Boston | Monday April 28th, 2014 | 11 am - 1 pm | Sharon Bell
Shed the Red
Rosacea affects 45 million people worldwide, yet nearly half of the world’s population is in the dark when it comes to identifying and understanding this common skin disorder. This condensed science-packed event will uncover the mysteries behind Rosacea and how you can begin treatment by understanding its causes. At this special event, you’ll:
- Understand the biological basis of Rosacea
- Know when to recommend medical help vs. designing a professional treatment plan
- Recognize Triggers and Tripwires that affect Rosacea
- Scottsdale | Monday February 24, 2014 | 10 am - 12 pm | Laurel Vollmert
- Denver | Monday March 10, 2014 | 11 am - 1 pm | Beth Bialko
She’s Gotta Have It - Survival Strategies in a new Retail Landscape
Do you know that by 2014 Global Skincare Sales are predicted to reach $91 billion? Or that women make 85% of all buying decisions, spending $5 trillion annually? Yes! That's a mighty powerful combination, but are you maximizing this opportunity? Or are you struggling to secure your sales? One thing is for sure; the landscape has changed. Competition is fierce, and with mobile technology at their fingertips, your clients can buy anytime, anyplace and anywhere. We therefore must evolve to become dynamic, opportunistic retailers!
Join us for this fascinating presentation and discover:
- The new omnichannel landscape and what it means for you
- The #7 most important retail trends happening NOW!
- How to adapt your business to achieve GREATER success
- How women shop: Their behavior, their wants and their desires
- Philadelphia | Monday March 24, 2014 | 6 pm - 8 pm | Annet King
- New York | Tuesday March 25, 2014 | 6 pm - 8 pm | Annet King
Solar Damage and Protection
As a professional skin therapist, you are on the front line touching and looking at your clients' skin. How often are you the first to spot a suspicious mole, raised spot or fleshy bump? Get informed about this subject to better educate your clients, friends and family about the dangers of UV exposure. In this lecture you will learn how to understand the latest information on UV radiation and its effects on the skin, the dangers of indoor tanning, the addiction factor and what your teenage clients need to know. Take an in-depth look at the various types of skin cancers, from benign to malignant growths, how they form and what tell-tale signs to look for.
- Fort Lauderdale | Tuesday March 25, 2014 | 11 am - 1 pm | Patricia Faley
- Atlanta | Monday April 7, 2014 | 6 pm - 8 pm | Patricia Faley
Know Your Peels
Peels and exfoliation series can send your skin treatments – and your revenue – to new heights. Join us for an exclusive lecture about the how-to’s of peels, and find out what it takes to provide these sought-after resurfacing treatments in your skin therapy center! At this informative event, our expert educators will uncover:
- What a chemical peel really is and how it works
- How deep a peel can penetrate
- The difference between a chemical peel and an exfoliant
- What you need to know regarding licensing, insurance, liability, proper homecare and training
- Chicago | Monday April 14, 2014 | 2 pm - 4 pm | Whitney Johnson
- Washington D.C. | Monday April 21, 2014 | 11 am - 1 pm | Patricia Faley