Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Scottsdale | Monday, June 12, 2017 | 6pm–8pm | Jessica Itano
Pregnancy and the Skin
Elevate your knowledge to a superior level with ingredient expertise in this fascinating and informative class on pregnancy and the skin.
The body goes through many changes during pregnancy and the skin is no exception. Almost 90% of pregnant women will experience various skin conditions from pigmentation and breakouts to stretch marks and dryness. Learn how to answer their most pressing skin care questions on ingredients and treatments such as what to use and what to avoid. We’ll explore both physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy and provide you with the knowledge of what to expect when your clients expecting.
- Philadelphia | Monday, April 3, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
- Vienna | Tuesday, April 4, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
Making Scents of Essential Oils
From great benefits to nontraditional uses, essential oils can enhance your treatment room experience. Learn how to customize your treatments and improve your own mood with these great aromas. This information is too good to miss!
Join us for this informative session on:
- The history of essential oils
- Benefits and unique uses in everyday life
- How to customize your services every step of the way
- Ways to improve your life, your business, your retailing and your mood with daily use
- Pleasanton | Monday, April 10, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Laurel Windle
- Los Angeles | Monday, June 5, 2017 | 10am–12pm | Judi Patton
- Denver | Monday, June 12, 2017 | 6pm–8pm | Patricia Faley
- Boston | Tuesday, July 25, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Patricia Faley
Technology has rapidly changed how we behave, shop and interact FOREVER yet many skin centers, salons and spas continue to operate in the same manner. To stay relevant, profitable and successful we have to continuously adapt our business around the needs, wants and desires of the consumer. We need to think differently and act fast to seize every opportunity to attract new clients, increase services, boost retail revenues and secure loyalty. It’s time to open your eyes, act fast and make sure you don’t get left behind!
- Minneapolis | Monday, June 12, 2017 | 2pm–4pm | Julie Dunlap
- Scottsdale | Thursday, August 3, 2017 | 2pm–4pm | Laurel Windle
Hormones and the Skin
Move over mood swings! Hormones are also responsible for breakouts, pigmentation, sagging, and dehydrated skin. One hundred percent of women have to deal with the effects of their hormones at some point in their life – whether it’s during puberty or pregnancy, menopause or stressful situations. Join us for a discussion with Beth Bialko as she sheds light on how hormones affect the skin. At the event, you’ll learn:
- Which hormones are responsible for changes in the skin
- How they work
- What can be done to treat clients going through these changes
We’ll uncover some of the myths out there and provide answers to pressing questions that most women will inevitably ask themselves!
- Dallas | Monday, April 10, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
- Pleasanton | Monday, June 5, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Jayne Nelson
- Vienna | Monday, June 12, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Laura West
Sugar Is the New Wax!
Sugar Waxing, a hair removal method that was discovered hundreds of years ago is still a popular choice today. With only three ingredients; sugar, water and lemon juice, it can work to remove various types of hair from any body part on men and women.
During this exciting event, you will learn:
- The history and advantages of Body Sugaring
- How to extract a variety of hair types and effective hair removal methods
- Great tips & tricks to take back to your treatment room
- Plus, a live demo
- Irvine | Monday May 15, 2017 | 10am–12pm | Elizabeth Post
Social Media for Your Business
Social Media is one of the most accessible ways for you to market your business. And in today’s tech-savvy world, it’s clear it’s not going anywhere! Focusing your marketing efforts on social media can help you to stay up-to-date in the digital world, where most clients, new and old, can be found! Whether you’re new to social media or your business is already there, it’s important to have a strategy set in place. At this informative event, we’ll help you understand and implement your social media efforts. You’ll also:
- Learn how to create a strategy so you can plan and enact your efforts in an organized way
- Get inspired! Learn what makes content great and how to create a voice for your brand
- Learn tips and tricks for posting, getting new fans, and increasing engagement rates
- Learn how to handle complaints or negative reviews
- Chicago | Monday, May 22, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Addie Guenther
Solar Damage and Protection
As a professional skin therapist, you are on the front line touching and looking at your client’s skin. How often are you the first to spot a suspicious mole, raised spot or fleshy bump? You need to be informed about this subject to better educate your clients, friends and family about the dangers of UV exposure and not adequately protecting the skin.
From the World Health Organization, we know that the incidence of both non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancers has been increasing over the past decades. 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime! In this lecture, you will:
- Understand the latest information on UV radiation and its effects on the skin
- Learn about the dangers of indoor tanning, the addiction factor and what your teenage clients need to know
- Take an in-depth look at the various types of skin cancers, from benign to malignant growths, how they form and what tell-tale signs to look for
- Chicago | Monday, June 26, 2017 | 6pm—8pm | Deidre Ramdhanie
Nutrition and the Skin
In this exciting event, we’ll uncover the latest information behind how nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants work to promote skin health. We’ll touch on how dietary deficiencies can lead to health problems and look at how dietary nutrients have made their way into the skin care ingredient repertoire. You’ll also get answers to common questions, such as:
- Does healthy skin require nourishment from the inside and out?
- How does our food affect our external appearance?
- Can we get clearer skin by switching up our diet?
- Dallas | Monday, June 26, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Laurel Windle
Skin Series: Pigmentation
The human skin color palette ranges from the very pale Celtic skin to the very dark skin found in regions of sub-Saharan Africa. Across this wide array of skin colors, there are also many disorders of the pigmentary system, resulting in issues with hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation. During this event, we'll cover:
- The triggers and biological mechanism of how pigment forms in the skin, and how we can impact and help our clients control their pigmentation disorders.
- An in-depth look at the melanotropins (MSH, estrogens, stress hormones) and how they influence the signaling pathway for melanin.
- How inflammation and pigmentation are intricately-related and how an understanding of the inflammatory process in our skin will lead to a better understanding of this form of pigmentation.
- Dallas | Monday, July 17, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Carrie Garman
At this informative event, you will hear from educator and President of Silky Smooth Urban Oasis & Breathe Diane Dettering on what electrolysis is and who can benefit from it. Diane has been an educator for over 20 years and has been in the skin care industry for over 25. She brings a wealth of knowledge in the field and understands the education one needs to fully treat a client’s skin.
During this event, you will learn:
- Who can benefit from electrolysis
- How many treatments are required
- Plus, see a live demo of electrolysis
- Atlanta | Monday, May 8, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Diane Dettering
At this informative event, you will hear from Jo Ann Diaz on what dermaplaning is and who is a great candidate for it. Uncover the myths behind dermaplaning and what you need to get started today!
During this event, you will learn:
- A true understanding of dermaplaning
- How to combine dermaplaning with other treatments
- How to market and increase product sales with dermaplaning
- Ft. Lauderdale | Monday, July 31, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Jo Ann Diaz
Know Your Peels
Peels and exfoliation series can send your skin treatments – and your revenue – to new heights. Join us for an exclusive lecture about the
how-to’s of peels, and find out what it takes to provide these sought-after resurfacing treatments in your skin therapy center!
At this informative event, our expert educators will uncover:
- What a chemical peel is and how it works
- How deep a peel can penetrate
- The difference between a chemical peel and an exfoliant
- What you need to know regarding licensing, insurance, liability, proper homecare and training
- New York | Monday, July 24, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Laurel Windle
Gain insight into the world of what it takes to become a microblading artist. You will learn the steps to gain the licensing, education and the ongoing support to become a successful artist in this ‘the sky is the limit’ industry. Bianca Davis, CEO of j’adore in Lake Mary, FL will share with you the things you want to look for in training and the in’s and out’s of what it’s like to be an artist.
At this informative event, we will uncover:
- What microblading is
- Who can benefit from microblading
- Plus, see a live demo of microblading
- Orlando | Monday, June 12, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Bianca Davis
Introduction to Oncology Skin Care
Your clients’ health comes first in a skin treatment – but do you know how to treat those clients who are also oncology patients? At this informative event, you’ll learn how to best treat the skin of those living with oncology-related issues. We’ll introduce you to the different medical treatments that your clients may be receiving and:
- Share which ingredients to look for and which to avoid
- Teach you how to prepare your treatment room to treat oncology patients
- Help you determine if you and your clients are emotionally ready for treatment
- Philadelphia | Monday, July 17, 2017 | 11am—1pm | Sharon Bell
Guest Speaker Events
These industry seminars are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.